Mission Statement: Federa promotes a sound research environment
The Federa (Foundation Federation of Dutch Medical Scientific Societies) aims to represent scientific biomedical societies by promoting interdisciplinary communication through an annual thematic conference and self-regulation.
Deregulation has become a major activity e.g. by means of developing Codes of Conduct, together with a legal expert. This is a necessity in an era of abundant and overlapping regulation of biomedical science, especially when EU-guidelines aim at harmonization.
The Federa bundles 30 scientific biomedical societies with all together 10,000 members and coordinates about 20 organizations in COREON.
Developed by Federa / COREON: Codes of Conduct
Self-regulatory codes of conduct for Observational Research with personal data (2004) and tissue (2001, 2011) ...more
Federa day / FederaDag
- biomedical research with new insights, new opportunities
- meant for scientist, doctors, patients and policy makers
- in one day insight in actual research and effects for society
- scientist address theme and invite the best of the field
- at the front of biomedical science